We’re all looking for ways to master new skills that improve our lives – and if you’re looking for improvement when it comes to all things home, the Atlanta Home Show offers five “courses” you can master in just one visit.
- Become A Garden Guru. This one is for all those brown thumbs out there who know it’s not easy being green…or is it? Before you throw away your trowel, have you tried straw bale gardening? Special guest Connie Rosenthal is a straw bale garden instructor and says discovering straw bale gardening was an absolute revelation for her. She believes that no matter where you live, no matter what your level of garden expertise - a straw bale garden will get you growing any vegetable or plant possible. She will be demonstrating the straw bale method of gardening three times daily at the show: Friday, September 9th at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm; Saturday, September 10th at 12pm, 3pm, 5pm; and Sunday, September 11th at 12pm, 2pm, 4pm.
- Become A Grill Master. Tailgate season is in full swing, and that means many of you are hitting the grill hard to create winning BBQ for your family and friends. Come out to the Atlanta Home Show on Friday, September 9 at 2 p.m. and get a master class from the “winningest man in BBQ”, Myron Mixon. This five-time world champion (and four-term Mayor of Unadilla, Georgia) will share his coveted grill and BBQ segments for winning the grill game all season long.
- Become A Second-Hand Genius. Maybe you’re already a thrift-shop regular, moving through the aisles of secondhand stores with ease, scoring bargains; maybe you’re a budding thriftnista who doesn’t where to begin when it comes to thrift shopping. No matter what you score on your SAT (Shopping At Thrift) test, you’ll learn something new when you stop at Goodwill of North Georgia’s feature area of four fall-themed tablescapes. Local second-hand shopping influencers have curated items exclusively from Goodwill retail stores to set a perfect autumn table, just in time for the holidays. Don’t forget to pick your jaw up off the floor when you check out what these savvy shoppers paid for these gorgeous table settings. Learn more about Goodwill of North Georgia’s mission to help Put People To Work in the Atlanta community at Goodwill of North Georgia - Thrift Stores, Donation & Career Centers (goodwillng.org)
- Become A Petal Pusher. Since the dawn of the pandemic, many of us have harnessed the power of live plants and flowers in our living environment to boost mood and mental health. If you’re looking to be an even better Plant Mama and bring some Mother Nature into your home décor, we’ve got a couple ways you can become a petal pusher at the show. First, stop by the super charming (and Insta-worthy) Floralette Co. Flower where you can make and take your own fresh bouquet. Also, back by popular demand check out the University of Georgia's Master Gardener Extension Volunteer Program and their Ask a Gardener program and plant sale.
- Become A Savvy Saver. It’s easy to master the art of saving money at the Atlanta Home Show. Hot tip: many of our exhibitors offer show only specials and their lowest prices of the season for show guests. So if you have a specific project in mind, be sure to review the roster of companies offering discounts at Show Specials at the Fall Atlanta Home Show. In addition, you can save money on admission tickets to the show. Those aged 65 and up get in for NO CHARGE each day of the show, and HERO DAY is celebrated each day of the show with all active military personnel, veterans, police, fire and first responders invited to attend the show for free. Anyone can save $2 off admission by purchasing tickets online in advance at Fall Atlanta Home Show 2022 (mpetickets.com).
For more information on the show, please visit www.fallatlantahomeshow.com.